Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Understand the basic purpose and operation of the software, and work with windows, Ribbon tabs and buttons, project views, and customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Establish default project settings, create a new project, create and edit task list details, establish dependencies by linking tasks, as well as review project details.
- Add and assign resources to a project, work with project calendars, and enter project costs, such as standard, variable, and fixed costs.
- Apply task type settings, modify fixed tasks, set task constraints, and define and format the critical path.
- Apply preset and custom contours, edit resource assignments, identify and resolve resource overallocation.
- Format views and format the Gantt Chart.
- Apply page setup options, create headers and footers, insert page breaks, preview and print project information, as well as view and edit reports.
- Sort, filter, and group views.
- Save the baseline, set the status date, track the progress of a project, update tasks and the schedule, and compare a baseline and actual data.